The Art of Starting Over


 

People often think that starting over is a sign that something has failed.

I see it differently.

Sometimes, starting over is one of the bravest things you can do.

Throughout my life, I've started over more than once.

I've changed jobs.

I've learned new skills.

I've rediscovered old hobbies.

And recently, I decided to bring my blog back to life.

At first, it felt a little strange.

I wondered if anyone would read my stories.

I wondered if I still had something interesting to say.

But instead of waiting for the perfect moment, I simply started writing.

One article became two.

Two became five.

And before I knew it, I had found my passion again.

Starting over doesn't always mean leaving everything behind.

Sometimes it simply means giving an old dream a second chance.

That's exactly how I feel about blogging.

Years ago, I loved sharing my thoughts, recipes and experiences.

Life became busy, and my blog slowly faded into the background.

Now, I'm writing again.

Not because I have to.

But because I genuinely enjoy it.

I've realised that we don't have an expiration date on our dreams.

Just because something paused for a while doesn't mean it's over forever.

The same goes for learning.

I'm still discovering new recipes.

I'm still improving my photography.

I'm still learning how to create better videos.

And every day I learn something new about myself.

I think many people are afraid to start over because they're worried about what others might think.

But honestly...

Most people are too busy living their own lives.

The only opinion that really matters is your own.

If something makes you happy, that's reason enough to begin.

Maybe your dream is to start a business.

Maybe it's to travel more.

Maybe it's to get healthier.

Or maybe, like me, it's simply picking up an old passion again.

Whatever it is, don't wait until everything is perfect.

The perfect moment rarely exists.

Sometimes all you need is one small step.

Looking back, I'm so glad I decided to write again.

Every article I publish reminds me why I started in the first place.

And I have a feeling...

This is only the beginning of a brand-new chapter.

Love,

Shavida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goelong Goelong (Dadar Gulung): Traditional Surinamese Coconut Pancakes

10 Things I Want To Do Before The End Of 2026

If I Ever Became Rich, This Is What I Would Do