How I Stay Motivated


People often ask how I stay motivated, especially when I have so many goals.

The truth is, I don't wake up every day feeling motivated.

Some mornings I feel tired. Some days I don't feel like working out, cooking a healthy meal, writing a blog post, or even getting started on my to-do list.

And that's completely normal.

Over the years, I've learned that motivation comes and goes. If I only took action when I felt motivated, I probably wouldn't get very much done.

Instead, I've learned to rely on habits.

Every small step counts.

When I started focusing on living a healthier lifestyle, I didn't try to change everything overnight. I simply began making better choices one day at a time. One workout. One healthy meal. One good decision after another.

The same goes for my blog.

There are days when the words flow effortlessly, and there are days when writing feels difficult. But I still show up because I know that consistency is what helps dreams grow.

I also remind myself why I started.

Whenever I lose motivation, I think about the life I'm working towards. I picture myself feeling healthier, becoming stronger, growing my blog, traveling, and creating a life that makes me proud.

That vision keeps me moving forward.

Another thing that helps me is celebrating small victories.

Finishing a workout.

Trying a new recipe.

Publishing another blog post.

Learning something new.

These may seem like small achievements, but together they build confidence and keep me motivated to continue.

I've also stopped comparing my progress to other people.

Everyone has their own journey, their own challenges, and their own timeline. The only person I want to be better than is the person I was yesterday.

Most importantly, I've accepted that it's okay to have bad days.

A bad day doesn't mean you've failed.

It simply means you're human.

Tomorrow is another opportunity to start again.

If there's one piece of advice I can give, it's this:

Don't wait for motivation to appear.

Start anyway.

Often, motivation shows up after you've taken the first step.

And before you know it, those small daily actions become the foundation of a life you're proud to live.

Love, Shavida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goelong Goelong (Dadar Gulung): Traditional Surinamese Coconut Pancakes

10 Things I Want To Do Before The End Of 2026

If I Ever Became Rich, This Is What I Would Do