The Little Things I Never Leave Home Without


 

Every morning before I leave the house, I have a small routine.

I check my bag one last time.

Not because I carry a lot of things, but because there are a few small essentials I simply don't want to leave behind.

The first thing is my lip balm.

My lips get dry very quickly, especially when I'm outside all day or the weather changes.

It's one of those little things that makes a big difference.

The second thing is perfume.

I love smelling fresh.

Not because I want to impress anyone, but because it makes me feel good.

A little spray of perfume gives me confidence and makes me feel ready for the day ahead.

Another thing you'll always find in my bag is a packet of throat sweets.

I simply like having them with me.

A fresh mouth is something I appreciate, especially when I'm working or talking to people throughout the day.

Of course, my phone is always with me too.

The few times I've forgotten it, I immediately realised how much I use it every day.

Not only for messages, but also for photos, notes, directions and keeping in touch with the people I care about.

But perhaps the most unexpected thing in my bag is my tiny emergency pouch.

It's a very small bag, but it contains everything I might need.

Paracetamol.

A plaster.

A tampon.

A few basic medicines.

Nothing fancy.

Just the little things that can make a difficult moment much easier.

I don't carry it because I expect something to go wrong.

I carry it because I like being prepared.

I think that's a good description of who I am.

I'm someone who likes to think ahead.

I enjoy feeling organised.

It gives me peace of mind knowing that if something unexpected happens, I probably have what I need.

Funny enough, none of these things are expensive.

They're all small, simple items.

Yet they make my day a little more comfortable.

Sometimes it's not the big things that make life easier.

Sometimes it's simply remembering to pack your lip balm, your favourite perfume and a tiny emergency kit before walking out the door.

Because in the end, it's often the little things that make the biggest difference.

Love,

Shavida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goelong Goelong (Dadar Gulung): Traditional Surinamese Coconut Pancakes

10 Things I Want To Do Before The End Of 2026

If I Ever Became Rich, This Is What I Would Do