10 Things I Wish I Had Started Earlier in Life


 Life has a funny way of teaching us lessons.

Sometimes they come early.

Sometimes they take years.

Looking back at my life, there are quite a few things I wish I had started earlier. Not because I regret the past, but because these small changes have made my life happier, healthier and more meaningful.

Here are ten things I wish I had discovered sooner.

1. Taking Better Care of My Health

For years, I always thought there would be time later.

Now I realise that every healthy meal and every workout is an investment in my future.

2. Cooking More From Scratch

One of the best habits I ever developed was making more food myself.

Whether it's homemade flatbread, a comforting curry or a traditional Surinamese dish, cooking from scratch gives me so much more appreciation for food.

3. Worrying Less About What Other People Think

This has probably been one of the biggest lessons in my life.

The older I get, the more I realise that happiness comes from living your own life, not someone else's expectations.

4. Spending More Time in Nature

A quiet walk, a park bench or simply listening to birds can completely change my mood.

Nature has become one of my favourite places to slow down.

5. Starting My Blog Again

Years ago I stopped blogging.

Looking back, I wish I had started again sooner.

Writing gives me joy, allows me to be creative and lets me share pieces of my life with people all over the world.

6. Travelling With an Open Mind

Travelling has taught me that every country has something beautiful to offer.

It has made me more understanding, more curious and more grateful.

7. Appreciating the Simple Things

A good cup of coffee.

Fresh homemade food.

A quiet morning.

A beautiful sunset.

These are often the moments that stay with me the longest.

8. Spending More Time With Animals

Animals have always had a special place in my heart.

They remind me that loyalty, trust and unconditional love don't need words.

9. Accepting That Life Doesn't Have to Be Perfect

For a long time I thought everything had to go according to plan.

Now I know that some of life's best moments happen unexpectedly.

10. Believing in New Beginnings

No matter your age, you can always start again.

A new hobby.

A healthier lifestyle.

A different career.

A dream you almost forgot.

It's never too late.

Looking back, I don't regret my journey.

Every experience made me who I am today.

But if someone asked me what I wish I had started earlier, these ten things would definitely be on my list.

Maybe they inspire you to start something today too.

Love,

Shavida

Comments